I reckon you're right, we'll never know the true motivation of...

1. 1,835 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    I reckon you're right, we'll never know the true motivation of those that pushed for the Robodebt scheme and Morrison's motivation in particular. Some involved are IMO not being honest with us and maybe even with themselves, about the dark place that spawned the mindset required to motivate someone to put in place an unlawful scheme and then do all they can to keep it going after all the red flags over the years.

IMO the one thing we can deduce with absolute clarity is that Morrison after having been asked to leave a couple of senior roles in marketing decided that he needed to be at an organisation that had deeper pockets to underwrite his particular brand of f*ckwittery and finally reallised that being in our Parliament was perfect. There all the skills he had refined over the years could be used to full effect and more importantly he could rely on due process to protect him and loophole around the process when he wanted to get a certain outcome and deprive others of the same protections that he wanted to take full advantage of himself. In our Parliament and the Liberal Party he was at home, the Federal Liberals having erroded their stands over many years paricularly in accountability proved unfortunately for us the perfect place for Morrison to thrive.

IMO Morrison could never have risen to be a P.M. in any other supposedly manstream Party, so what should that be telling us? Maybe if we could say that this sort thing coming from Morrison's involvement was a one off then maybe it could be defenable in the eyes of some but Morrison's M.O. is not a one off. The List of Morrison's unworthy contributions is extensive, so is it really reasonable to give him the benifit of the doubt at infinitum. I would expect though if justice is pursued, Morrison will get the full protections of the law despite the fact that he worked towards depriving some of the most vulnerable of the protection the law should have provided them.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.