Noel Pearson a wealthy man ?, page-42

1. 5,239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 885
    Sorry I could not get this to take under your great post
    Post #: 70186798

Hi Robb....................... Hey Noel P..... there is a simple solution to all this conspiracy regarding one's wealth.............If you wish to shut those who may believe wealth may have been created from a source- Get an independent audit... That would prove beyond doubt 'what is what' . But your choice...so those rumours will persist, in my humble opinion.

Also so many - all sides- complain that money is not getting to the 'bottom' where it is needed. And rightly so.
    These are estimates:- (for Aboriginal and TS Islanders)
    - 2022 $32,000,000,000
    -2021 $30,000,000,000
    -2020 $28,000,000,000
    -2019 $26,000,000,000 etc etc etc
    - $116,000,000,000 in 4 years -----------not bad if one can get it ?
    They are big $$$$$$$$$$$$$... From a common sense (hard to find these days) point of view -and taking into consideration the number of Aboriginal and TS Islanders ............... One cannot believe 'all is well' in the 'Cash Flow' area... I certainly do not. BUT what WAS- IS- GOING TO be done about it. SFA. So it seems our elected ???? do not have-- the gumption-or those 2 oval shaped pouch covered items-- Or just plain GUTS to take this apparent 'tax payer challenge ' on. My belief is - If the Voice get a positive then all and sundry will really feel the effects of your TAX $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ expenditure... And some maybe directly aimed at 'YOU' This ' 1 Page' document that our Race promoter PM spruiks of is -totally untrue............. If not why are those that compiled it,did state it WAS 15/18 pages to 1 page - and now being shut down/changed their minds? So blatantly obvious ----

As some one said:-(evidence held)
    -We know they are lying
    -They know they are lying
    -We know and they know we know they are lying
    -But they cannot help keeping lies spewing forth !

Have a look - also remember - As 'plebs' will we ever get the TRUTH ????? And can one believe much from the web ? - my opinion. Also there is more than I have posted below---------------

https://theconversation.com/factcheck-qanda-is-30-billion-spent-every-year-on-500-000-indigenous-people-in-australia-64658

Some snippets (peoples names removed - as I do not trust certain systems anymore ? - my opinion)
    Interesting :-From below - Indigenous population was approximately 550,000 people, with most living in urban areas.

A statement from Warren Mundine.................
    We sat down with the Productivity Commission. We looked at the Indigenous space. $30 billion is spent in this space annually. $30 billion on 500,000 people and you still see the problems you get to see. What that tells me straightaway as a businessman, because I run my own business, is there’s a lot of fun and games going in there and we need to sort that out and we need to find out where the wastage of our funding is. – Chair of the Prime Minister’s Indigenous Advisory Council, Warren Mundine, speaking on Q&A, August 29, 2016.

Verdict

WarrenMundine’s statement uses the most accurate and up-to-date estimate ofgovernment spending on Indigenous Australians – about $30.3 billion, accordingto the Productivity Commission.

However,only a small proportion of the overall Indigenous expenditure is onIndigenous-specific programs. The rest comprises the cost of providingmainstream services, such as schooling and health care, that all Australiansenjoy.

Hisfigure of 500,000 Indigenous Australians is a bit low, likely reflectingreasonably common uncertainty on this question (as well as him being on thespot on a fast-paced, live TV program).

Thegeneral point about needing “to find out where the wastage of our funding is”is important, and requires careful evaluation of the impact and cost-effectivenessof Indigenous-specific and other social programs. – N..........B................

Review

Ihave reviewed this FactCheck. Mundine was right on the figure of $30 billion;total direct expenditure on services for Indigenous Australians in 2012-13 wasestimated to be $30.3 billion, as detailed on page one of the ProductivityCommission’s 2014 report. Based on the 2011 Census, the Indigenous population was approximately 550,000 people, with most living in urban areas. Researcher Sara Hudson’s August 2016 report, published by the Centre for Independent Studies, outlines the continued waste and duplication of government funding as raised by Mundine. – D.............. F........................

Whileit’s true Warren Mundine used the most up-to-date figures, his quote didn’tquite convey the full story. It didn’t get across the fact that only a reallysmall chunk of the overall Indigenous spending is on Indigenous-specificprograms. Most is on mainstream programs.

Asthe article notes, Productivity Commission estimates that only $5.6 billion or18.6% of the $30 billion Mundine refers to is provided throughIndigenous-specific or targeted services. The Productivity Commission does notexamine how much of this $5.6 billion actually goes to Indigenous organisationswithin community or Indigenous peoples themselves – and how much is spent ongovernment businesses.

WarrenMundine’s broader point that current spending is not yielding results needsfurther attention. The government’s Closingthe Gap targets are nowhere near being met, and in some cases, widening, suggesting that these programs are, by and large, failing. Policy logic underpinning spending should be examined. – E................ K...................

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.