Noisy unroadworthy car

1. 80 Posts.
    Could someone please assist me. There is a noisy older style car in the street with no muffler and the emissions and fumes are quite strong . Several neighbours have complained because the noise level is high and residents can smell the fumes. The blokes a moron and will idle and rev the car for extended periods disturbing neighbours. I believe two complaints have been lodged with police and he has been issued two warning letters from the council to tone down . Last week I approached him and asked him if he had a muffler on the car and why it was necessary to idle the car for extended periods . I told him to tone his activities down otherwise I would call the EPA. Since that time he has quietened down considerably but still drives around . So who could I contact as he car is clearly illegal from an emission and noise level . I have contacted the EPA previously on such issues but they are useless saying they only deal with commercial matters not civil . And as he has already received two warning letters from the local council what's the follow up there . The difficult thing is after I told him to tone down he will only start the car up on occasions and drive around at different times so is it necessary to catch him in the act or could I take a recording of his car and show local council as proof . If I call an 8nspector from the local council and they catch him driving his car he can get caught in the act but this would be difficult to achieve due to his irregular driving habits and if I call the police by the time they arrive his car is switched off and in the garage so how do I get them to put a canary on his car as it is a clear breach of regulation thanks

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.