EGO 0.00% 12.0¢ empire oil & gas nl

Why am I nominating to be a director? I strongly believe in the...

1. 41 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Why am I nominating to be a director?
    I strongly believe in the potential long term value of Empire’s assets, that is why I have invested a significant sum of money to me, and as an investor seek to ensure that Empire can unlock this potential to increase shareholder wealth and value for ALL Empire shareholders and I am presently concerned that Empire and in particular, the current Board of Empire does not currently possess the best arsenal of skills, knowledge, expertise and experience to both protect our investments and to unlock the inherent growth potential and to move Empire forward in both a meaningful and accelerated way and to get this company moving and ultimately the share price increasing, sooner rather than later and certainly not reducing as has been the case of late, which is what ALL shareholders ultimately want – to make money from their investments.
    Whilst I have provided significant reasoning behind the value that I believe I can bring to the table for the benefit of the Board of Empire and to Empire as a whole in my attached letters to Empire, I won’t bore you by rewriting it all here except to provide you with some of the relevant information from those letters and allow you to read the attached letters at your convenience.
    I believe that I can add significant value to Empire as a director of the Board. My history with Empire and its assets stretches back to my Chief Financial Officer’s role at ERM Gas Pty Ltd (a subsidiary of ERM Power Ltd, ERM), a joint venture partner with Empire in many of the Perth Basin tenements since ERM farmed in to the tenements in late 2007/early 2008.
    These roles combined with my roles as Acting CEO and Company Secretary of Empire along with my extensive knowledge of Empire and its assets provides the current Board and management a wealth of corporate knowledge and history on the assets of Empire and its activities which I believe would be of value to the Company.
    I can add significant value to the Board by complementing the current skills and experience of the Board, with my specific skills and experience in both the energy industry, in particular the gas industry, ASX listed companies, my extensive knowledge of Empire and in working with a junior explorer such as Empire is at present, and which in my personal opinion, such skills and experience are necessary for a company like Empire, which together with encouragement from a number of shareholders has been a contributing factor in my decision to nominate for election as a director at the 2015 AGM.
    In addition to my substantial and significant understanding of Empire’s exploration and production acreage, corporate structure, activities, shareholder base and external environment, I also have a significant understanding of the Australian energy industry having been involved in conventional gas, oil, coal seam gas, energy retailing (electricity, gas and LPG) and generation for the majority of my 27 year career.
    My career has spanned executive and financial roles in companies including ERM Power, Empire, QGC, Energex Retail, Origin Energy, Santos and MIM, and importantly, I have significant experience in dealing with Boards having reported both to the Boards and sat in on Board meetings for the best part of the last decade.
    In my two years at QGC as part of the Executive Management Team (QGC once being considered a junior explorer just like Empire, facing the same issues that Empire now faces), the Board and Management Team led by the Managing Director of QGC, through a consistent, well thought out and executed strategy, oversaw an increase in the market capitalisation of QGC from circa $200m to circa $2+billion, with most of that increase occurring in a twelve month period (FY2007) whilst also defending a takeover and securing a significant cornerstone partner, all of which resulted in increased shareholder wealth through a ~5 times increase in the share price in that twelve month period.
    I have built up significant skills and experience in accounting, finance, financial and business analysis, commercial contract negotiations, equity raisings (including the IPO of ERM), debt raisings, corporate transactions (M&A), strategic planning, investor relations, risk management, shareholder management, legal matters, operational management and corporate governance both at a Corporations Act level and in compliance with ASX listing rules, with a significant amount of these skills and experience being at an executive level in ASX listed companies.
    I believe my skills, knowledge, expertise and experience including in a Board environment will add value to the Board of Empire and Empire as a whole to get this company moving forward quickly to actually unlock its potential which has been stated for so long, however, its share price seems to go backwards.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.