EGO 0.00% 12.0¢ empire oil & gas nl

In the interests of transparency, I provide some background to...

1. 41 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    In the interests of transparency, I provide some background to my recent nomination for director including recent relevant correspondence with Empire in this regard.
    Letter advising Empire of my intention to nominate as a director
    Given my prior history with Empire and its Board, both professionally and personally, I thought it only fair and reasonable that I should advise the Board of Empire of my intention to nominate for election as a director, so in this regard on 15 June 2015 I sent (via email) a letter to the Board of Empire advising them that it was my intention to nominate for election as a director at the upcoming 2015 AGM (letter attached “150615 Empire Letter re Director Nomination Intention”) and requesting they advise me of the AGM date so that I could formalise my nomination. The Chairman, Tony Iannello acknowledged receiving my email later that evening.
    Empire’s response
    After having not heard from Empire for a period of 3 weeks, on the morning of 6 July 2015, I attempted to ring the Chairman and left a message. Later that same morning, I received a phone call from the Chairman in which he indicated (and I paraphrase his words in the interests of brevity – so this is my take on what he said), that the Board had considered my letter and intention to nominate and were appreciative of my interest in the position.
    However, they did not feel the need for any further directors at that time and that as the company grows, that further directors may be considered in 12-24 months’ time and that they may consider me at that time, however, he also mentioned that at that time they would also conduct an external process for any new directors and he thanked me for my keen interest as well as my commitment and belief in Empire and to participating in the recent equity raisings. He also advised me on a couple of occasions, that I could still exercise my right as a shareholder to nominate for election as a director.
    At the time I asked if the Board was unanimous in that consideration, however, he advised that he did not wish to go into that level of detail, which led me to suspect that it was not unanimous in that regard, as if it was, I would have expected him to have definitively said so. I finished that conversation advising him that I would still be exercising my right to nominate and that in the coming weeks I would finalise the paperwork for my nomination and submit it to Empire accordingly.
    Later that same evening, and I assume as result of my indication to the Chairman that I would continue with my nomination I received an email from Empire’s CEO, Ken Aitken, which in part advised “Tony has asked me  to inform you when our 2015 AGM is planned. The AGM will be on the morning of Monday the 23rd November  at the UWA club.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.