CUV 0.00% $14.98 clinuvel pharmaceuticals limited

moveonup,I didn't look at it that closely. I would be much more...

1. 648 Posts.
    moveonup,

I didn't look at it that closely. I would be much more interested in seeing a target price from the UK analyst than from Stanton's Nomura "stuff."

As a reminder, he has NEVER been even close to his predictions. You know the old saying, "Don't quit your day job?" Well, IMO that doesn't apply to him.

From my quick glance, he doesn't specify when his $3.44 target price will come to pass. Upon approval? 12 months? 24 months? Does it matter with this guy?

Let's suppose the share price is expected to be $3.44 upon EPP Euro approval. That would be a very poor return for shareholders holding from now through approval. Many shareholders are not willing to hold through an FDA or EMA approval date unless there is substantial returns. They often sell a few weeks before to avoid a disappointment from the regulators.

I'm confident the drug will be approved, but how many other investors would hold through the decision date given we probably won't get an exact decision date from the EMA (unlike the FDA)?

Many biotechs would have a better projected post-approval target price than what Stanton is projecting. So, that target price is not going to attract as many investors as we would hope IMO.

And after all we've been through, I would expect that not many new investors would be willing to sit through 2016 for the vitiligo approval without selling this stock on a big rise. I would expect that once this is approved for EPP, there will be those investors who get out of the stock and then get back in a few years from now for possible vitiligo approval.

Remember, when Wolgen took over 6 YEARS AGO, this stock was in the low .30s (which is the equivalent of around $3.20 - $3.40 with the 10:1 conversion "stuff").

Now, according to Stanton's projection, Wolgen would have taken a company's share price from the low .30s ($3.20 - $3.40) to Stanton's projected share price of about $3.44. That would be a long-term gain of about zilch.

Imagine that.

I for one had better expecations from this stock back in 2006 - much better.

Obviously, Stanton's price target is not necessarily an accurate one, and vitiligo progressing will help.

Also, if the company would just start cuv9900 trials like they were telling us a year ago they would, that would help.

Also, starting and completing Phase III in the USA would obviously help.

But the company just ain't the same without a PLE indication IMO. That was the one that would have blown the lid off the share price sparked the off-label potential.

2016 (vitiligo) is a long, long way off after all we've been through. And we know how their timelines can move forward with the calendars flipping forward.

Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CUV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.98
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $750.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$14.92 $15.03 $14.66 $698.5K 46.80K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 124 $14.88

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.99 106 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CUV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.