CUV 0.85% $15.37 clinuvel pharmaceuticals limited

moveonup,I'm not surprised by the slight sale after the latest...

1. 648 Posts.
    moveonup,

I'm not surprised by the slight sale after the latest filing ann. - that's pretty typical for a biotech. There isn't big news expected for quite awhile.

Also, since you had an interest in my post about the resistance levels of cuv, I'm sure you saw how we peaked at $2.30 again before falling back down. Congrats to those investors who sold at the resistance point I mentioned last month. You can now buy back more shares for a cheaper price. Those individuals who know how to read a chart will profit more than those who scoff at charts.

We'll most certainly have a runup leading to the decision date. Sometimes the runup doesn't start until about 2 to 3 months before the anticipated date, but if we don't get a definitive date from the EMA (unlike the FDA), then it can get trickier.

Some will undoubtedly reduce their position on a runup since many investors don't hold through FDA or EMA decisions. If the decision is bad, you can really get burned. I speak from experience.

I plan on holding through this one right now as I think they will get it approved. However, if there is a spike in the next few months, I'll probably take a little off the table.

As for the day of approval, what often happens is the stock runs hard that day and then quickly gets sold off. Look for investors to be shocked by this whenever that day comes - but it's very typical of biotech / pharma stocks. I'll be selling some the day of approval and probably get back in closer to the FDA decision date (whenever that is).

BTW, Nouriel Roubini, one of the most bearish guys out there (he's an economics guy from the USA) is now bullish on the markets. I don't recall him every being bullish. He says stocks will have a good ride in 1H 2012, then have a rough 2H 2012.

So part of my capital will be used to bet against the overall markets when the stock markets climb a little higher. If timed well, you can do very well at that. When others are losing money holding stocks, you can make money.

cuv isn't going back to $1.55 or $1.65, so don't worry about that. If it does, I'll buy big.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CUV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$15.37
Change
0.130(0.85%)
Mkt cap ! $770.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$15.36 $15.54 $15.18 $1.274M 82.63K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 237 $15.31

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$15.50 282 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CUV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.