NTI 0.00% 6.6¢ neurotech international limited

noob question, page-11

1. 4,990 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2435
    Careful saying "probably"... the prospectus says:
    The Company has not made any determination to apply for Official Quotation on ASX of theNew Options issued pursuant to this Prospectus

It looks to me like this rights issue has uncertainty written all over it:
    • No underwriting could just be a money-saving decision, but I think it's more likely due to concerns about the take-up.  For @Karkashian the underwriter has to purchase all the entitlements that are not taken up by the rights-holders.  In return for this they charge a percentage of the total take for the rights issue.  Typically the underwriter would turn around and try to offload the shares they end up with in bundles to sophisticated holders for (hopefully) a profit.  It's possible that Neurotech couldn't find a broker who was prepared to underwrite the issue for an affordable price.
    • Refusing to commit either way on quoting the new options on the ASX also looks pretty timid.  If they don't think many rights will be taken up then there won't be enough options on the market to justify the cost of having it listed and meeting their market-making obligations.

In my opinion it's more realistic to assume that new options won't be traded on the exchange.  Then if they are, you have a potential bonus.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NTI (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.