IOT 0.00% 0.1¢ iot group limited

North American Launch, page-54

1. 3,054 Posts.
    yes i agree also found

Materiality of Information – when is information market sensitive?
    Section 677 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) (the Act) sets out the test for determining whether information is market sensitive and therefore needs to be disclosed under Listing Rule 3.1:
    "a reasonable person is taken to expect information to have a material effect on the price or value of an entity's securities if the information would, or would be likely to, influence persons who commonly invest in securities in deciding whether to acquire or dispose of securities"
    Recognising the difficulties in applying the objective test to determine the materiality of information, ASX has suggested that officers of an entity ask two subjective questions, which will assist determining the materiality of information:2
    1. "would this information influence my decision to buy or sell securities in the entity at their current market price?
    2. would I feel exposed to an action for insider trading if I were to buy or sell securities in the entity at their current market price, knowing this information had not been disclosed to the market?"
    Generally, if the answer to either question is 'yes', the information will most likely be market sensitive, and should be disclosed, subject to the confidentiality exception at Listing Rule 3.1A.
    It is important for officers to remember that the test for materiality in the Act is an objective one, and that the subjective assessment suggested by ASX is not determinative of the issue of whether disclosure is required.3 This is important for officers to avoid liability for insider trading and/or other legal consequences under the Act or Listing Rules.

reference from : http://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=7072d8e2-bd03-4ce8-93b1-a80d6c9a922e

obviously question 1
    Last edited by stevey007: 27/05/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IOT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.