IBR iberian resources limited

An article from a newsletter which may be of interest to IBR...

1. 5,233 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    An article from a newsletter which may be of interest to IBR holders.

North Korea Tests Multiple Missiles.
    Investors Seek Safety AND Profits in Gold.

Our Hedge Fund Investing members have gained 144% and 77% profits from the up and down movement of gold. Don’t miss out on this new trade.

Dear NewsMax and MoneyNews Reader,

All any of us could do as word eventually spread from Independence Day party to party that North Korea launched multiple test missiles toward the United States and Japan—and threatened nuclear war—was talk about it with friends and family and console one another.

That was yesterday when emotions of anger, frustration, helplessness and fear pumped through our veins.

Today, I expect those emotions will call many Americans and foreigners to action, just as the attack on 9/11 and subsequent terrorism threats have. Fear can be paralyzing; or it can create panic. Neither is good for the stock market.

As an investor, I know that events of this nature—successes or failures, deaths or no deaths—can make or break a struggling economy and send markets reeling.

For example, the sinking of the luxury cruise ship Lusitanian by a torpedo in 1915; Hitler’s invasion of France on May 12, 1940; and the attack on South Korea by the North Korean People’s Army on June 25, 1950, all resulted in 11-day, double-digit negative returns in the market.

It also took 795 days (about 2 1/2 years) for trading to return to the pre-attack level for the invasion of France; 232 days for the attack on Pearl Harbor; and 134 days for trading to resume to pre-attack levels when Iraq invaded Kuwait on August 2nd of 1990.

However, the markets were uncharacteristically resilient after the attacks of 9/11/2001, with just a –10.57 cumulative loss during the 11 days that followed. The DJI returned to its pre-attack trading level in 40 days (about two months) following “the most horrific attack on US soil since the war of 1812.”

SEEKING SAFETY (AND PROFITS) IN GOLD

What often happens during these unsettled periods is a flee to safety by investors. Once they yank money from equities, they might stuff it under mattresses or buy Treasuries. Another very likely scenario: They buy gold and lots of it.

While gold has historically provided a hedge against inflation, a falling dollar and global tension, it can be one of the most dangerous, volatile and alluring investments in the world. One untimely or wrong move could throw your portfolio to the curb rather than toss a blanket around it.

During tense times like these, you need to invest smartly and without emotion. I’ve helped subscribers to Wilkinson’s Hedge Fund Investing accomplish both, and gold is one of my specialties.

Those who took my advice on May 31 to buy PUTS when gold stood at $653 in the belief that prices were set to decline to $607 per ounce, pocketed a healthy 144% just 7 days later when it fell even further than I anticipated.

On June 13, the same week that gold slid right through that next level of support I hopped on the long side and recommended buying CALLS to take advantage of that slide and anticipated rally back to $600…a perfectly timed trade that brought in 77%.

I just put another Hedge Fund Investing gold trade on the table on June 29, this time to benefit from gold’s expected growing momentum after breaking through the critical $600/ounce mark again.

This leg of the bull market could chug along at a nice clip for some time, keeping my subscribers (and hopefully YOU) safe and right on track for double, or more likely, triple-digit gains during this current ride.

Hop on now though. The biggest gains often come fast and furiously following a correction, and with North Korea celebrating July 4th by sending test missiles toward Japan the U.S., gold and the safety net it provides could become a hotter commodity than ever.

Join Wilkinson’s Hedge Fund Investing now!

PLAY IT SAFER; DON’T GO IT ALONE

I’ll keep my fingers crossed that none of you folks reading this have suffered from the nasty corrections and volatility dished out by the yellow metal over the years. I know you don’t need any more fear in your life, but you can’t run from hard, cold facts either.

While gold rose from $35 to $850 from 1960 to 1980, it suffered a 50% correction in the early 1970s. Then, from 1980 to 2000, the golden bear mauled gains by nearly 90%.

While the 2006 version of gold’s backpedaling, from a 26-year high of $721.50 on May 11—the culmination of a 37% six-month gain—to a recent price per ounce of $540 is comparatively only a drop in the bucket, the lessons learned should be just the same.

Anyone without a proven strategy, system or plan to buy AND sell gold is playing with fire. Protecting your assets is my top priority, and gold is one the best tools for accomplishing that.

Just don’t go it alone or forfeit profits when you can join Wilkinson’s Hedge Fund Investing and sleep safe and sound.

DIFFERENT TIME, SAME GOLDEN STORY

Interestingly, the quarter-century high of $721.50 is well off gold’s January 1980 all-time high of $850, because it equates to a price of $2,100 in today’s market after adjusting for inflation. So, the far-fetched predictions for $1,000, $2,000 or $3,000 an ounce may not be such a stretch after all, especially when you consider the similarities.

In the early 1970s, the dollar came unglued; inflation and commodity price shocks challenged people every day. In the late 1980s, the dollar’s decline contributed to the stock market crash, Japan’s economic excesses and a deep European recession in the early 1990s. Here we are again, with the dollar’s value falling close to 30% since 2002…despite its latest short-term revival courtesy of the Fed’s interest rate debate.

Editor's Note: Speaking of the dollar, Wilkinson's Hedge Fund Investing service grabbed stellar profits recently from the slide in the dollar, allowing readers to bank gains of as much as 124% and 171%. Take a look.

What ultimately comes into play the most is why the Fed needs to keep pulling the trigger after 16 consecutive quarter-point hikes: to keep inflation under control. Historically, gold serves as a hedge against inflation and deflation…and as a safety net. These roles are alive and well.

If it’s true that bull markets in gold run in 20-year cycles, we’re looking at another 15 years to shine.

That does NOT, I repeat, does NOT mean that you can buy gold today, and put your assets on cruise control. There will be corrections down the track, some sharper than others. To invest successfully in gold, you must be able to identify the start of any turn so you can profit from the dip or lift. To stay ahead of the curve, you need to understand how to utilize leverage to enhance profits on either side of the fence.

I urge you not to go it alone. Let me guide you to financial success through good times and bad.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IBR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.