NTU 0.00% 2.4¢ northern minerals limited

Hi KMSmith,I will try my best to explain in few words rather...

1. 262 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    Hi KMSmith,
    I will try my best to explain in few words rather complicated interrelations in my humble English, because I never had had a happy Australia Day.
    Well done soil sampling refers to the fines of a soil and puts coarse material aside, because one try to gather information brought up to the surface by ascending water, which is expected to precipitate dissolved ionic species reaching the surface. The prospector is not interested in minerals and rocks on the ground. NTU drew the contour lines of TREE distributions on the basis of many samples, quite different of wider spaced drill holes or single rock chip samples.
    On the opposite consider a narrow gangue with gold mineralization, if one drills into the gangue one will have a sharp anomaly compared to the adjacent host rock. The value of the deposit depends on the number of gangues with gold per area unit. In gold placer deposits it depends on the number of washable nuggets per volume unit. The geostastistic approach is different for certain minerals, soil sampling for gold would search for arsenic and copper usual water soluble companions of gold.

Different from soil samples are single rock chip samples found in outcrops giving the prospecting team knowledge about the rock formation generating the dissolved species in the depth hidden under younger debris material. Whereas the relation HREE/TREE and also the Yttrium content in the rock chip samples is almost constant (#64 98.6% and 63%;#65 91,8% and 62%;#66 96% and 63%; #67 98% and 63%; # 68 98% and 63%), the TREE content of the samples varies between 1,22 and 8,55%. This tells us wherever one picks a sample of the host rock one has to do with the same mineral in a very constant composition.
    It?s important to note that the structural elements (dashed black lines in the figures) are interpreted not confirmed. In older reports the company reported about hydrothermal quartz veins. This time they display wider contour lines describing analyzed soil samples and the hosting rock chip samples are described as Arkose (a special form of sandstone); let us assume the arkose is a meta-arkose (older metamorphised sediment) and the anomalies reflect ancient placer deposits of heavy mineral sands, Xenotime in this case. The arkosic sands may have developped by weathering of pegmatites rich in Xenotime (like in the basement rocks in Southern Norway) in the outer rim of the huge Kimberley batholith. The disintegrated rock had not been transported over big distances, because one would not find a sandstone rich in feldspar, but quartz instead.

The wide distribution of anomalies (soil sampling) and the extension could well be explained by the occurrence of hidden, metamorphosed very old placer deposits, a model I would like very much from an investors point of view. May be I can get in contact with John Goulevitch to exchange some ideas.
    We all will know much more after drilling has been commenced: as geologists say ?Vor dem Hammer ist es dunkel?, In front of the hammer it?s dark. All this is highly speculative, but the results so far are not contradictory to my simple model.

Processing of different REE-ores: believe me it?s a mixture of truth and political marketing.
    Would be much too complicated to compare all the published processes described in many patents and some in well known compilations of chemical technology.
    To run a process economically a constant feed by grades and grain size distribution is essential, and the ore from Browns range is a good promise.

GL
    RMINCONSULT

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NTU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $141.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.4¢ 2.5¢ 2.4¢ $9.698M 508.1M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
22 4050913 2.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.5¢ 1188234 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NTU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.