NST 0.08% $12.81 northern star resources ltd

I had a bid in at $1.87 and the price got down to $1.875 so just...

1. 643 Posts.
    I had a bid in at $1.87 and the price got down to $1.875 so just missed out LoL Though wouldn't have been surprised if were taken down to $1.80 where I originally thought it would retrace to.

There have been a half dozen of these 'break outs' since March but pressure always forcing it back to $2.00 and there will some playing the charts for a breakdown to $1.80 or thereabouts yet. There has been a breakout now to $2.11, however if that is quickly negated to sub $2.00 then the path is still to $1.80 something. IMO

NO doubt that NST is a great share with excellent fundamentals and great future about it, and has some top performing management. But there is another game and issues afoot at the moment threatening all shares.

A while back I had the view that a general market breakdown, downward pressure on gold would lead to a fall in the SP below $2.00 and maybe $1.80, which happened after some patience, but not to the extent I had wanted, o7c off my estimate.

The problem still is a continued strong sell off on China shares and now Europe and US which if continued will have everybody scrambling for cash/liquidty across the board, and others running a bit scared and liquidating investments.

If TPTB make another concerted hit on the Gold Price as they did recently (again) and the market dives continue then there is still risk of a dump in NST shares, especially ex-dividend.

Things are getting quite serious on the economic and market front now in the US, and IF the reasons and purposes of trashing gold down from $1,900 to $1,050USD are still there, I would think that they will up the pressure again if markets continue to suffer. I still think there will be an attempt at $1,000 again, though what the AUD will be........

There is a lot of chaos to come across the board, which at times will have people searching for cash or selling out. And inevitably gamers playing the charts for all they are worth.

I still think there will be opportunities sub$2.00 down to $1.80 regardless of how well NST are going, as other issues will the cause.

Have almost reached my limit on exposure to Gold and Silver in bullion and shares, though I would certainly add NST if at a discount. Always have to beware of over exposure to a segment, no matter how optimistic we feel for the future of a segment or share..... a lesson hard learned for me.

IMHO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$12.81
Change
-0.010(0.08%)
Mkt cap ! $14.71B
Open High Low Value Volume
$12.95 $13.02 $12.76 $72.90M 5.667M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 40307 $12.80

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$12.82 1703 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NST (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.