TLG 2.29% 67.0¢ talga group ltd

Ok there's been lots of speculation an dot-joining around...

1. 1,402 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 841
    Ok there's been lots of speculation an dot-joining around whether or not we'll be supplying anode to Northvolt. We're getting to the pointy end so I thought I'd start a new thread for it. There's been quite a bit of info coming out lately that could go either way:
    • Northvolt and Talga are Swedish next-door neighbours - YAY!
    • VW states they'll be using synthetic anode, and Northvolt will be their main supplier - NAY
    • Northvolt says they'll be making batteries with the lowest carbon footprint possible - YAY!
    • Northvolts VW-boosted expansion plans seem to be moving faster than Talga is - NAY
    • etc.
    The biggest giveaway for me though came from the Svemin webinar today. When I asked Northvolt's how they make sure their Anode's have the lowest carbon footprint, she directed me to the Talga presentation.

Worth repeating - Northvolt's answer to sustainable anodes was refer to Talga.

So here's what I think is happening:
    • VW wants Northvolt. Northvolt's Swedish plant will be making 'premium' batteries.
    • Northvolt want to use Talga's anode, but given the massive turbo-charge from VW they need to make sure that Talga can deliver the goods.
    • Talga could expand to do this, PENDING PERMITTING approving them to do so.
    This is why MT was so openly aggravated about permitting. Also why he was less convincing on a partnership with LKAB/Mitsui - perhaps VW/Northvolt might fill this role. I also have suspicions the DFS is being held back while they try and find a way to boost the short-term output. He made an odd comment about having 'a fair playing field' or something like that - part of me wonders if Swedish authorities have been less willing to help the process along because we're an Aussie company?

Either way, I think our first supply deal is coming soon and it will probably be with Northvolt. Perhaps in the form of an MoU or some sort of non-binding off-take agreement? Keeps things moving - pending expansion approvals. Perhaps an MoU with Northvolt would be enough to give the local authorities a kick up the backside... If Northvolt can't source enough anode from us they'll have no choice but to go somewhere else, but I'd say it's looking clearer that we're their first preference.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3011/3011138-07df0894f73ee151074aa2effa203c24.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
67.0¢
Change
0.015(2.29%)
Mkt cap ! $254.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
67.0¢ 69.0¢ 66.0¢ $223.2K 333.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 37564 66.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
68.0¢ 1000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
67.0¢
  Change
0.015 ( 1.24 %)
Open High Low Volume
67.0¢ 68.0¢ 66.5¢ 110365
Last updated 15.59pm 14/05/2024 ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.