AUL 0.00% 28.5¢ austar gold limited

"Boyne Valley returns to gold Campbell Gellie | 15th May 2015...

1. 11,416 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 350
    "Boyne Valley returns to gold
    Campbell Gellie | 15th May 2015 8:13 PM

THERE'S gold in those hills, or so says Norton Mine manager Chartlon Doblo.

The Norton Gold Mine was first mined in 1878 and, after yesterday releasing a mineral resource estimate to the ASX, Mr Doblo is confident the mine will begin mining and processing gold again this year.

The small joint venture between Mantle Mining and Avanti Mining and Contracting has improved the feasibility of the mine by adjusting its operation.

Mr Doblo said previous methods included sending the ore that contained gold to Gympie for processing.

"The transport costs of doing that were so expensive it had a big effect on the profits the mine was making," he said. "When we start processing in the last quarter of the year we will process the ore on site and transport the concentrate."

Ore will be removed from the ground, separated from dirt, crushed and then put through a processing plant.

The processing plant will use the weight of the ore to separate it from other minerals to create a concentrate. That will then be sent away for processing.

The mine will employ 8-10 people to run the plant from truck drivers to process plant workers and bob cat drivers.

By the numbers:

100g of gold per tonne of ore concentrate

500 tonnes of concentrate per week

Three 40 tonne articulated dump trucks

Estimation of $60 million worth of gold in the mine

Presence of silver is still being tested

Seven different sites within the mine area"

http://www.gladstoneobserver.com.au/news/boyne-valley-returns-to-gold/2640863/

"100g of gold per tonne of ore concentrate"

with Gold at around $50/g that is $5000/t of contained gold

"500 tonnes of concentrate per week"

with $5000/t of contained gold that is $2,500,000 per week!!!

and perhaps even more with silver credits.

Obviously those are gross figures and on site and external processing and transport need to be taken into account, but still they look especially good. Looking forward to the released numbers which should be out very soon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.