NGF 0.00% 25.0¢ norton gold fields limited

Hi hainholz,Just read your post regarding the Mt Morgan pit...

1. 139 Posts.
    Hi hainholz,

Just read your post regarding the Mt Morgan pit being safe.

My understanding of this situation is this

11500 megaliters of water in the pit of wich 7000 are above natural ground held in what has become a dam but in reality is only old spoil dump which naturally leaks, although there are pumps to try and return this constant leaking.

Another 500 mega liters will over flow the spillway which was at the end of Nov 2010 3.5 meters below and is now between 0.8m and 1m below the spillway, which is one point of uncontrolled release.

The ph level is between 2.9 and 3.2 and while it may be ok to say that grape fruit juice is about 3, grape fruit juice doesnt contain a considerable amount of heavy metals in solution, consequently people drink grapefruit fuice with no ill effects, the same could not be said for the pit water.

There is no sign of life around the pit understandably and since the controlled release of 40 megaliters and 9 megaliters in March 2011 the Dee River once again has no live fish for at least 40km. And this is in a very good year for the river running with run off fresh water from upstream and down stream from the mine providing above average dilution. I have been told this week the water at present in the Dee River is as bad as it has been for 30 years since the controlled release of 49 megaliters.

Just some information for you to consider that isn't from the media or ministers office.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NGF (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.