NWE 0.00% 5.6¢ norwest energy nl

What an interesting day for NWE. Jumped out of the blocks for a...

1. 260 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2320
    What an interesting day for NWE. Jumped out of the blocks for a not too shabby 25m shares traded by 12pm and a healthy 0.4c push upwards... someone was clearly in a hurry to either get on board or get some more for the kitty. It doesn't take much to move the needle does it.

I agree with ebit, I reckon we might be hearing some news very soon re locking in our drill rig. I agree that it is likely to be the trusty 970 rig, coming back to the PB, and it will likely be a "sharing contract" again with STX as they are planning on drilling 2 holes in 1H 23, which would work well with NWE/MIN drilling our 2 holes, NED-1 pre Xmas and LD-2 post Xmas. After our 2 holes the rig can go to STX and when they are done it can come back to us for our 3rd planned exploration hole in Q2-Q4... location tbc but I reckon it could be Lead E (please be Lead E Iain). Will know for sure once the 2D/3D seismic comes in.

Top 20 just updated, more accumulation at play. Notable movements are:
    • Netwealth Investments adding another 6.4m
    • McCusker Holdings are sitting tight...

Let's see if the 30m+ traded today does anything to the Top 20. Keep an eye out for any large-ish SP cross trades. A tell tale sign that significant positions are being taken.

Top 20 now up to 42.43% SOI. You can check it out here http://norwestenergy.com.au/company/capital-structure/

Interesting to see these comments today from Minister for Resources Madeleine King: “Australia has the capacity to continue to be an energy export leader, at the same time as developing a domestic offshore carbon capture and storage (CCS) industry. CCS is a safe, key proven technology that can support the petroleum sector in its low carbon transition,” Minister King said. “As we continue to take action to reduce emissions, I will work to ensure Australia remains an attractive destination for investment while maintaining our position as a world leader in the resources sector.”

Whilst it is comforting to hear the new Fed Govt's energy narrative, this also provides a real opportunity for NWE to meet strict carbon abatement initiatives. Remember NWE has previously flagged LD is a possibility for CCS, a very important component to ensure the development of our massive resource is not rail-roaded.

GLTA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.