NOR 6.98% 4.0¢ norwood systems limited

Consolidations rarely work in favour of the company share price....

1. 4,417 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1882
    Consolidations rarely work in favour of the company share price. I've been through two and watched many others. Lynas was eventually a successful consolidation but had fundamentals to support the move. I also think they used the opportunity to clean up the register of non marketable parcels.

MedAdvisor is currently going through one (MDR MDRDA) and it's SP is slipping despite having some good announcements. MDR is probably a better comparison to NOR but it's still streets ahead of NOR in terms of progress and sales.

Both these stocks consolidated to a price greater than 30c in part to try and shake the category of being a penny stock.

So far the company has not explained why it's doing the consolidation, but a SP of .003c is unworkable as is having many billions of shares on issue. Norwood should be cleaning up the registry of unmarketable parcels but clearly there would be a lot and clearly they don't have the money to do that.

I just don't see the benefit of consolidating from .3c to 3c except for making a CR easier.

It will still be a penny dreadful
    It will encourage pip trading
    It won't clean up the registry
    It will facilitate an inevitable selling down
    It will cost a lot of desperately needed funds
    It would be an annoying distraction if there is a board spill.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NOR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.0¢
Change
-0.003(6.98%)
Mkt cap ! $19.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.1¢ 4.1¢ 4.0¢ $16.59K 412.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 30 4.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.2¢ 61184 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.55pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NOR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.