GGP 0.00% 0.6¢ golden gate petroleum ltd

not a class act, page-6

1. 214 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    There was a good post by SoulSurfer (post# 9375607) to explain why highly discussed stocks (such as GGP last year)usually fail.

"
    Have a look at the charts on the most discussed link on HC and with the exception of BGS they all mimic LYC.

Now i dont think this is a reflection of HC. I feel its probably that most people looking at investing head to an internet forum. They then are drawn to the likes of the LYC thread as its always there. Perhaps professional rampers are at play?? Very knowledgeable posters who paint a rosey picture.

They read about the story, get sold on it. Perhaps become experts in there own mind on how and why there new business will prosper. They naturally buy in and if there lucky make some money.

But as there new investors they keep expecting the likes of the $4 party. So even when there up 20% they wont sell as they begin to do there sums and realise at $4 they will be able to retire. They hold on as the SP tips over and starts to fall.

Other down rampers say the party is over but the other knowledgable posters shoot them down. They hold through the storm as there is always another reason why the SP is falling and there is always a reason why it will turn around in a few weeks. Every so often it looks like the price will recover and surges but then it falls away again. Still they hold and new rampers come and more and more money is sucked from there investment until there is no more posts as everyone of the rampers has left and there is just strung out retail investors with nothing to say.

Sound familar??? Look at all the top most discussed stocks and look at there charts. Winners are grinners and dont need to post as there SP is ripping or just tracking as expected.

I wonder how much of the above is fact? The manipulation everyone speaks of happened 2 years ago but it wasnt shorting and it wasnt hedge funds, it was the rampers....."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GGP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.