LYC 2.56% $6.10 lynas rare earths limited

not a good day at all, page-28

1. 22,593 Posts.
    "..Just need the LAMP announcement and for the situation in Uurope to stablise a bit and we will be on the way back..."

and in the meantime rorke you could be doing a very simple thing of hedging your LT holdings,

Q. do you have your house or car insured, why not your share portifolio ?

also if you learn this simple approach in your early investment years you'll be a mile ahead of the pack that don't

we hear everyday about how bad the 'shorters' are and there doing terrible things

why not do as nursery suggests and go with them, I know that their not doing the same thing but LYC is a big company and it will always be on the radar of the big money

what I mean is, as well as all other stocks, LYC will not go straight up in price, they all go up down retrace sideways etc,

why not learn these simple (imo very profitable) techiques of hedging in times of doubt, who cares if you miss the turns by several percent

at the end of each year you'll look back and imo be glad

it's a bonus imo that we're able or allowed to short sell LYC,

I mean that in a positive way, here I'm not talking naked shorting

Not sure why it's not spoken about more, I feel like I'm the villan here, if some of your respected LT holders like nursery, ausheds or nightstalker understood it better maybe it would be accepted by more

but of course this is only my opinion and all should consult their broker or financial advisers about any money matters

ASK THEM ABOUT PROTECTING YOUR LT HOLDINGS BY HEDGING

a few examples

P.S. I'm still locked in safe as houses at over $2, and will not cover until I see some very bullish days and/or a higher high

Hedge - Single Share: Shorting an Equity via a CFD

A common trading strategy, and a useful one in times of market turmoil makes use of a hedge to protect a single share position with a contract for difference. CFDs are especially useful as a hedging tool because a short position can be replicated to hedge the exact position size required. A short hedge using a CFD is one of the simplest ways to lock in a price by short selling a share to off set the risk of any adverse price movements.

Defensive Short Positions

Not many investors utilise CFDs to hedge despite the fact that they are relatively straightforward. However, using short CFDs to hedge your investments is a great way to protect your share portfolio since stock prices are inherently volatile and may move sharply up or down, depending on the various market conditions prevalent at that time. In fact CFDs are sometimes used by long-term investors for short-term short-selling opportunities during periods of price correction or short-term pullbacks in the price of shares held within an investment portfolio. Many CFD investors also have long-only share portfolios and when they are concerned about the volatility or outlook of the general market they can short-sell either particular companies or a broad-based CFD such as the DAX index CFD.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.10
Change
-0.160(2.56%)
Mkt cap ! $5.701B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.14 $6.16 $6.02 $31.69M 5.119M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 23252 $6.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.10 23221 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.