AUL 0.00% 28.5¢ austar gold limited

not an epic fail more an epic success

1. 7,910 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 510

I read the ANN as a foreigner who has little interest in the state politics except where they impinge on my investments.

I have the following points.

1) The State park is an election gimick from a party with a strong green element that could in many ways be considered anti-buisness.

2) The party in question is very likely to lose the election in a few weeks time.

3) The State park is proposed (I repeat on purpose) I find in highly unlikely to impossible that the LNP will make it their business to enact election gimick proposals from the losers when, they, the LNP take over running things.

4) The State Park is to be created (if Bligh wins...) by existing land owners offering up their land to join the state park scheme.

5) The ILUA are not going to authorise that given their relationship with MNM.

6) Mining does go on in state parks as many other posters have attested. Mining certainly goes on in "proposed" state parks. Mining absolutely certainly does go on in "proposed" state parks that have been created as an outline proposal to satisfy the green vote by a party on the way out.

7) The land is not sterile - it was mis-classified due to the 3 year battle with Calcifier. I have no idea in Australia but where I come land is re-classified all the time from agriculturl to industrial, from industrial to residential etc..

I see the National Park bit as a sideline that will have no impact on the impact of MNM winning this case once the election is over.

I am not a follower of Anna Bligh but what little I have read tells me that her party has not been very efficient in keeping its promises. Why on earth are some posters getting hot under the collar about this park proposal. It is an election vote grabber for a specific part of the constituency nothing else.

Personally I think that MNM would be best served by not mentioning this bizarre proposal again it will be aincient history after the election.

We should focus on the facts not election gimicks from unpopular politicians.

The fact is simple as from today MNM is the proud owner of between 100mn and 500mn tonnes of black coal worth between $100mn and $500mn. Our mkt cap is $34mn.

MNM has won the corporate lottery and the losing side even have to pay for our lottery ticket in the form of covering our legal costs.

A massive company maker imo ... now roll on Exergen and the JV for company maker number 2.

EB

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.