AEB 0.00% $2.57 affinity energy and health limited

Nice one AgAu.Aurora Energy, one of our major would be...

1. 104 Posts.
    Nice one AgAu.
    Aurora Energy, one of our major would be competitors, producing 15k tonnes per month of algae and set to expand to 400 hectares.
    One thing I do not understand about the project is the source of carbon dioxide for the algae ponds. Maybe I am stuck on the idea of having a smoke stack beside an algae pond/container but I do not understand how the Pilbara miners can deliver carbon dioxide to this facility. The only idea I can perceive is the algae sucking the carbon dioxide out of the air which doesn't seem that efficient for growing algae compared to a smoke stack.
    Based on the $14k revenue figure in AEB's last quarterly report, my calculation suggests AEB produced circa 20t of algae for the month of Feb given a 31st Jan start and a 30 day payment cycle for customers. Yet AEB is producing jet fuel for aircraft while Aurora is producing "health foods" since it "needs to reduce production costs by a factor of 10" to competitively produce diesel. It would seem to me that, maybe in the short term at least, AEB could make more money and fund expansion more quickly if its focus was a bit broader than making jet fuel.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AEB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.