NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

not everyone likes xstrata, page-8

1. 1,415 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    gav, I tried to get information on Genorah Resources months ago because I was thinking the same as you but the best I could come up with was the following link and I was too tight to pay for a subscription;

http://www.infomine.com/index/companies/GENORAH_RESOURCES_(PTY)_LTD.html

The following article might be of interest;

Genorah defends prospecting rights

Courts hear two cases against mining awards to politically connected firm

October 18, 2010

By Wiseman Khuzwayo

Genorah Resources, a company linked to the husband of Science and Technology Minister Naledi Pandor Sharif Pandor and politically connected Andile Nkuhlu, finds itself having to fend off challenges at both the Supreme Court of Appeal (SCA) and the Constitutional Court over how it acquired prospecting rights to three farms in Limpopo.

The SCA has agreed to hear an appeal by Myeleti Minerals against the Pretoria High Court's refusal to set aside the grant of a prospecting right to Genorah. The right was granted to Myeleti but was inexplicably also granted to Genorah in error, court papers in Business Report's possession show.

A judgment by the Constitutional Court is also awaited in a case in which a community is fighting against a prospecting right granted to Genorah over land on which they live, allegedly without consultation with the community.

Genorah's directors include Pandor and Nkuhlu, who is related to Wiseman Nkuhlu, the former adviser to ex-president Thabo Mbeki.

Myeleti applied for a prospecting right over the farm Hoepakrantz 2019 KT in Limpopo on July 28, 2005. The application was approved and granted on July 17, 2008.

The effect of the grant was that the prospecting right could not be granted to anyone else.

Despite this, Genorah applied on February 6, 2006 for a prospecting right over the farm and adjacent properties. The prospecting right was granted.

Although Myeleti cited the minister of mineral resources and other department officials in an application at the Pretoria High Court, it did not file any affidavits.

Myeleti argued that the granting of the right to Genorah was unlawful and unreasonable because once the grant was made, it could not be reversed, withdrawn or refused.

The company contended that the granting of the same right to Genorah could not be validly and legally made.

Myeleti also argued that Ross Rankapole, the department's Limpopo manager, admitted in correspondence with Genorah that the prospecting right ought not to have been granted to Genorah and that it occurred as a result of an error.

However, Acting Judge Hans-Joachim Fabricius found that any "grant" of a prospecting right to Myeleti had not become effective in law.

"Neither was any such right registered with the Mining Titles Office at all."

He also found that Myeleti was too late to go to court.

In another case, the Bengwenyama community is fighting against a prospecting right that was granted to Genorah over land on which they live.

This is an appeal against decisions by the Pretoria High Court and the SCA that found in favour of Genorah.

On February 8, 2006, Genorah lodged an application for a prospecting right on five farms.

Bengwenyama Minerals objected to the granting of the right to Genorah on the basis of its failure to consult with the the community and the owners of two of the farms on which the community lives.

http://www.busrep.co.za/?fArticleId=5690905

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.