not happy commsec, page-2

1. 955 Posts.
    I nearly created a thread on this.

I'm an 'old' CB Direct Investment Account user. The "Direct Investment Account" was their preferred set up going back over 10 years ago. It actually gave you reasonable (though not great) interest as well as automatic deposit and sweep for share trades, and ATM access, all in one account.

Then they came up with that new set up with 2 accounts. I delayed for a long time but finally moved to it after continually being bombarded with their mail.

Cutting to the chase, the initial deposit, which was a transfer from my old Direct Investment Account, went to the account with low interest. I didn't know that thinking I was getting the good interest, and it wasn't obvious in the account keeping section of the website which account was which (CCA/CCI means what to the customer??). I didn't do any trades for a long time and it was over a year when I found out. So I was down over $6K in interest and that hasn't been recovered - lots of emails and phone calls and screwing around. They record all phone calls and I have a record of a phone call which they claim they can't find. The form was generated online so no record for me of what I saw on the screen when that happened - was it clear that the money initially would transfer to the low interest account?

Remember I only did this change because of their insistence, and found myself out of pocket $6K or more.

So anyway, right now I have a CDIA account which is over 10 years old. Is this the same thing as their new one?

I moved all the shares to E*Trade and will never trade with Comsec again, stuff you Comsec. Cash is in Rabobank. One account, one interest rate, can't go wrong.

And now Comsec are screwing customers around again wanting them to go BACK to the old arrangement (or some variation of?).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.