CTP 2.04% 4.8¢ central petroleum limited

Well I have to say I did some end of financial year shopping...

1. 10,475 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Well I have to say I did some end of financial year shopping myself.

Might be handy if they end up shipping any coal.

Port search for conveyor
    NIGEL ADLAM

June 23rd, 2010

DARWIN Port Corporation is spending $5 million investigating what kind of new conveyor belt isneeded to handle the growth in exports from East Arm Wharf.

But it admits that it doesn't have the money "in the bank" to buy the new "bulk handling facility", despite the expenditure being listed in the last Budget by the Territory Government.

Opposition transport spokesman Adam Giles said the estimated cost of the new conveyor was more than $33 million.

Under questioning at Estimates Committee hearings, the corporation's Anne Coulter said the money for the conveyor belt was voted by Parliament in 2008 - and then passed to the next annual budget twice, and will be passed on again for next year.

Mr Giles said: "You could say, 'We are going to seal the Outback Highway for $1.5 billion', and call it a record budget - then just never do it and call it a record budget every year."

The $5 million being spent on choosing the model of the belt is being taken out of the $33 million.

Mr Giles asked how much a proposed new conveyor belt would eventually cost: "$100 million?"

Port Corporation chief executive Robert Ritchie said he could "not estimate" the final cost but it would probably be more than the remaining $28 million.

Mr Giles: "Does that mean you have to go back to the Government and ask for more money?"

Mr Ritchie: "If it comes higher than that, yes."

Transport Minister Malarndirri McCarthy said the Government's aim was to increase trade at East Arm Wharf.

She said she would have to lobby the rest of the Government that the conveyor belt was a good investment.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2010/06/23/158521_nt-business.html

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.8¢
Change
-0.001(2.04%)
Mkt cap ! $35.52M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.9¢ 4.9¢ 4.8¢ $977 19.94K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 993652 4.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.9¢ 230082 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.