CWE 0.00% 4.2¢ carnegie wave energy limited

Agree wholeheartedly GDP22.I note Grant puts "has extensive...

1. 239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Agree wholeheartedly GDP22.
    I note Grant puts "has extensive experience in capital raisings" in his cv. Not something I would be "advertising" on Carnegie's annual reports.

Perhaps, we would be better served with Jeff Harding in charge. He is already a chairman at Ceramic Fuels, so has knowledge and experience to his credit, plus probably the connections with his years at Pacific Hydro and as a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Directors.

On the flip side, it is debatable as to whether he has the capacity to cover both companies sufficiently and looking at Ceramic's share price, it is also languishing pretty close to all time lows. [A factor of the general disregard that renewables is afforded in the Australian market, I concur]

But I do get the feeling [as others seem to share on this forum], that the most important positions in our company are filled by a couple of 'lightweights' which may (or may not) account for some of the slow process in certain aspects.

I also agree with poster WHWH who commented that we need to focus more on practical activities evidencing our capabilities [however small] and spending less time on 'cap-in-hand' activities seeking Govt hand-outs.

This policy has not worked for more than 4 years and consequently Mr. Mooney and Mr. Ottaviano have continued to expand their experience of capital raisings eight (8) times in just over 3 years. It does not take a genius to realise that the market will not take too kindly to such repeated requests.

Ideally, one or two times (each time seeking 2 years or so of working capital financing) would have much better served the company and its shareholders.

Apologies for the continued bitching - hopefully that will help the shareprice rise by another 0.2c tomorrow :-)

Good luck to all.
    In the words of Mr. Ottaviano, may we:
    "..look forward to a rewarding 2012".

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.