SLR 0.00% $1.57 silver lake resources limited

Very encouraging seeing the HUI up a very strong 7% last night...

1. 13,754 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3940
    Very encouraging seeing the HUI up a very strong 7% last night despite POG holding around even (around $1430).
    Smaller stocks (GDXJ) also up 7%.
    Maybe the GS effect that I was looking for after they covered their short on gold.
    One more night to sit through while we can't trade.
    I have my fingers crossed for a follow through overseas because I bought back into SLR yesterday and added a few ABU at 3c as well.
    Risky move with SLR (trying to catch that falling knife) but at some point we are going to see a strong short covering rally and an end to this massive decline. I took a chance yesterday that GS would provide at least a near term trigger, if not the trigger to set the low for good.
    Long term value is compelling for those of us that see the gold price back up above $1,500 long term and more so if it is destined to go on to new highs over the next few years as I believe it is.
    As soon as gold goes back up production will expand again and 2014 production may not even be affected at all if it happens in the next few months.
    I liked the very strong buying that overwhelmed the also very strong selling below $1 early yesterday. I think late weakness was more likely profit taking by short termers selling out before our public holiday.
    Our gold sector has now dropped by as much as what it dropped during the GFC.
    Around 63% now compared to around 60% in the GFC.
    Looking forward to the massive rally that will come after the low is made.
    Hoping we just made that low but I will probably use a stop under Friday’s low in case. As long as the HUI tonight holds most of its 7% gains of last night that seems very unlikely to happen Friday.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.