GMC 0.00% 0.6¢ gulf manganese corporation limited

While I appreciate posters who put forward a different angle to...

1. 105 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    While I appreciate posters who put forward a different angle to the preferred viewpoint I think with something like over 25% of the last 80 posts you are certainly expressing your opinion but possibly diminishing the impact of your message.

I think you have some interesting viewpoints and although I haven’t read through every single post I see you made some observations on some convertible notes held by BB Lee Super Fund and the Controlled Placement Agreement with Acuity Capital which I pondered and had my own layman questions/observations.

Would it actually be in BB Lee’s interest to call on repayment of the convertible notes before finding out if the company would be able to operate profitably (or at all?) Does the fund hold shares that would also take a tumble in liquidation/receivership. Even if they did take such action in the heat of the moment (perhaps after reading your posts ) – would the CPA from Acuity not cover it?

Acuity’s 125M free shares (that we know about for now) are only about 5% or so of the company shares on issue – is any selling of this really going to cause the share price to fall significantly? Would they try and pump the price a bit and then dump rather than short-selling which would involve them buying more shares back if short selling their own shares (assuming this is possible). And if it is such a dud company then why would they want to buy the shares back when they can just sell the free shares at a higher price if they proceeded to manipulate the price in a controlled manner?

I would imagine anyone who read about GMC’s position in the last 12 months with some understanding wouldn’t be that be perturbed about the funding agreement as they would understand that the company only has just enough capital to see out the project so it’s a risky investment to start with and are probably happy that there is an option to obtain more cash to complete the project if necessary.

The DSO approval process has been disappointing in the way its been communicated but as far as completion of refurbishment, shipping and getting everything up and running as per stated schedule – does it make any sense to rush this when you know the approvals are going to take longer than expected and know that the completed installation would be sitting there idle while waiting for approvals? I imagine even an idle plant would cost money to maintain and keep secure so perhaps that is just good management but poorly communicated to the masses. (just saying – maybe)

Anyway, I am no corporate finance theory expert or an expert full stop but investing in a penny stock is a roll of the dice anyway so either one of us could be right/wrong as we have been in the past and will be again in the future.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GMC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.