GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

I remember it well. Everyone pointing to the specific conditions...

1. 13,093 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7937
    I remember it well. Everyone pointing to the specific conditions at that time and panicking about them going bust, without foresight to what would likely unfold in the years ahead. I see some similarities here, as you keep reminding us!
    One key difference, however, was that iron ore wasn't staring down the barrel of a +10 fold increase in demand within a decade. Sooner or later, the sh!t is gonna get real! I don't know and don't care whether it's in 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, whatever. It is coming, and it is deaf to the panicky cries of the white knights that are so kindly trying to "save us" all!

I've been leaning towards/pondering another theory (IMO) lately - that they (or the money behind/above them) is impatient and doesn't want to tie up capital until as late as possible, when the time-reward factor is as low as possible - they want to wait until the last minute to get in, and "keep" the price as low as possible beforehand until the re-rating catalysts appear. Remember someone often telling us that SDV is years away, so the sp will do nothing for years...? They want to use their capital elsewhere, doing the same thing on other stocks, then get in and out as rapidly as possible here, just when major catalysts are announced. Therefore it's in their interest to harp on about "nothing will happen until SDV revenue" etc, because they only want to ride a quick and sharp rise, instead of enduring the slow and steady growth alternative that occurs when investors are forward-looking. This is no good for them! They don't want any of us to be forward-looking and slowly raise the sp. We all "know" EVs are coming at a massive scale, that our products will be in demand and that we'll be expanding production as we grow further. Deny deny deny for as long as possible, in an attempt to steepen the sp curve with each new catalyst. A slow and steady rise "takes too long". Even a slight effect on ("control of") this curve = $$. If I had more money and less integrity, it would make sense to me to pay a bunch of bashers to try to keep the price as low as possible, by any means, until I can reverse that effort aligned with a major catalyst, and make a rapid high-profit trade. Rinse-repeat across many companies, continually jumping between them to milk these windows. That's not to say that the sp/sentiment impact they have is necessarily huge, but I doubt it needs to be to still have a useful effect for them.
    ...just some random thoughts IMO!

By the way, rumour has it that another company is currently selling some high quality carbonate for $15-20k per tonne... Not "confirmed" but an interesting development ! DYOR ! It's apparently not as gloomy "across the board" as the "headline writers" would like us to believe...
    Bring on SDV I say!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.