I'm honestly not sure, Pinto. Its a very hard market to read...

1. 11,050 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1972
    I'm honestly not sure, Pinto. Its a very hard market to read going forward, given the known knowns and the unknowns. As I understand it, along with all the other RE positives mentioned in my subject post, circa 440,000 expats have returned to OZ in the last year (to be confirmed), which is filling the gap of lost immigration. This element, combined with retiring baby boomers, pandemic work from home tech easy, historically low interest rates and other known factors are certainly fostering a tidal wave to rural and regional areas. At this point I believe that at least 50% of those movers will become attuned to the ease and benefits of rural and regional living - and the move could/might grow once immigration returns to pre-pandemic levels. Currently, the majority of RE analysts are confident that the dynamic will persist for the next 6/9 months, but beyond that time period is pure speculation, given economies and work place dynamics are in a state of dynamic flux. And yet, maybe this is the beginning of the brave new world - 'the quickening' according to Nosdradamus, if one believes in prediction. Nothing would surprise me with the speed high tech is accelerating and the pace of change.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.