SBS 0.00% 2.9¢ sub-sahara resources nl

Indeed. Unless you are prospecting in Australia, big finds seem...

1. 1,268 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 961
    Indeed. Unless you are prospecting in Australia, big finds seem to hardly rate a blip on the radar, erspecially if you are working in Africa. The money only really comes in when the mining starts and you can see the colour of the gold. For SBS this is probably two years away for Zara.

In the meantime others are going ahead in Eritrea showing it can esaily be done there with little soverign risk. Sunridge will probably follow Nevsuns path..a drop in value during the lag through development and the necessary fundraising to production but then they will skyrocket! The important thing to note is that it WILL happen...While spec gains may be made along the way, the big gains will only be after mining starts. So you need to either hold now or buy in over the next two years before production commences and prices may well go lower with dilution by issues made for project development.

More progress in Eritrea though from Nevsun...major enginerreing components ordered for Bisha..see below..

BISHA Update – SAG & Ball Mills Ordered

Nevsun Resources Ltd., (NSU-TSX/AMEX) (“Nevsun”) is pleased to announce that the Bisha Mining Share Company (“BMSC”), the Company’s Eritrean subsidiary, has reached another important milestone for the Bisha Project.

The longest lead delivery items and hence the “critical path” limitation for the development of the Bisha Mine are the grinding mills. BMSC has selected the supplier of the semi-autogenous (SAG) and ball mills for the project following a competitive bidding process and an order has been placed for both the SAG and ball mills with Polysius AG, a division of ThyssenKrupp Engineering. The selected SAG mill is 6.1m diameter by 3.0m with a 2000 kW drive and the ball mill is 5.5m diameter by 8.3m with a 4500 kW drive.

Planned installation of this equipment at the Bisha mine site is November 2009 for the SAG mill and December 2009 for the ball mill, clearing the way for the commissioning in 2010. The milling circuit is based on a design capacity of 2 million tonne per year for the mine start processing the gold-bearing surface oxide cap of the Bisha deposit.

After the first two years of operations which involves processing only the gold-bearing oxide cap, the mills will be fed for three years with high grade supergene copper sulphide ore followed with zinc/copper rich primary massive sulphides for the remaining mine life. Both the supergene and primary massive sulphide ores are softer ores to crush and mill relative to the significantly harder surface oxide cap. Thus after year two, the completed grinding circuit will have capacity in excess of the initial design capacity of 2.0 million tonnes per year which should prove advantageous for any future expansion of mining of the sulphide ores.

The Company looks forward to progressing the Bisha Project with the continued full support and contribution of the Eritrean Government.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SBS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.