AVX 0.00% 2.5¢ avexa limited

yeah Joe, good findbut I think its fair to say intergase is THE...

1. 1,577 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 298
    yeah Joe, good find

but I think its fair to say intergase is THE hot space in ART at the moment, compared to those nnrti (Medivir) and pi (Ambrilla) deals, with isentress heading rapidly to blockbuster >$1B sales

and dont forget from memory, AVX have multiple series of integrase inhibitors, and multiple leads (so its more than a mainly single drug licence like those others), and so they should as it was their flagship program from listing, that have

1. greater in vitro activity than isentress

2. activity against isentress resistant virus because of different mode of action (when the other integrases in the clinic have a very similar resistance profile to isentress). With isentress already creating a resistance problem...

interesting also that both those deals were stuffed early, see below

STOCKHOLM, Sweden -- Jul 6, 2007 - Regulatory News: Medivir today announced that Bristol-Myers Squibb has terminated the development of the preclinical HIV compound MIV-170. The compound did not meet the profile desired by Bristol-Myers Squibb. MIV-170 belongs to the group of polymerase inhibitors that Medivir already discontinued the development

MONTREAL, QUEBEC, Jul 28, 2008 ----Ambrilia Biopharma Inc. (TSX: AMB) today announced that it was advised by Merck & Co, Inc., that the HIV protease inhibitor PPL-100, also known as MK-8122, has been placed on a development hold pending outcome of additional basic science efforts to evaluate other PL-100 prodrugs and formulations options.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.