RED 2.44% 42.0¢ red 5 limited

Nothing to See Here, page-2

1. 12,826 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    HoM, seriously? Have you forgotten the news around this stock in the months leading up to the chairman's address? I'm sure I recall that you were a willing contributor on those issues at the time. But now it seems you are suggesting that this bizarre and pointless conspiracy has its roots in the days of GE? You might want to check first with the RRC if you are in fact making such allegations on a public forum.

Sure the stock market is crook, and sure there are heaps of issues that could materially impact on share price that never make it to the public sphere. I know that for a fact and could (but won't) list many examples, but I can't just invent them going all the way back to GEnesis, without some foundation.

It is not the collapse of the Commonwealth Bank we are talking about. It is start-up issues in a fledgling gold producer in one of the world's most difficult jurisdictions for matters including bureaucracy, culture, security and nature. Despite that, due to some specific attributes of this project, we all thought Red5 would be a good runner. It is very unfortunately it has hit hurdle after hurdle due to a whole myriad of circumstances, which have been gone over infinitum on this forum. Blame has been allocated both appropriately and inappropriately. After all, we are only arm chair commentators. The dam issue is/was obviously a real biggie, and avoidable. The overseer, with whom the blame lies has departed (nice little retainer though). Personally, I'm still keen on the project provided a couple more hurdles are cleared.

Call me a sucker, but I won't be putting the crown jewels on it. If nothing else, anyone who believed the early risk ignorant promos released by the brokers and consequently over-committed, have learnt a worthwhile, albeit expensive lesson. I know I was pretty much pelted with chat-room rotten tomatoes if I ever mentioned anything to do with risk. Libel issues aside, I think the Red5 story would make a good book for people in the game and serious investors in the sector. I also think there is still some hope for a good ending.

So I rate the most recent news as encouraging, but I remain very circumspect.

GLTA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RED (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
42.0¢
Change
0.010(2.44%)
Mkt cap ! $2.857B
Open High Low Value Volume
42.5¢ 43.0¢ 40.5¢ $55.01M 131.2M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 136340 41.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
42.0¢ 2109264 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RED (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.