HML 0.00% $1.99 henry morgan limited

Here's a quick summary:The Directors didn't show up to answer...

1. 66 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 28
    Here's a quick summary:
    • The Directors didn't show up to answer questions. The chair of the meeting said Stuart McAuliffe actually stepped out of the meeting.
    • Somebody who claimed to be independent chaired the meeting. He gave all the members in attendance a good listening to, and answered questions as best he could or wanted to. My impression was that he had little knowledge of the company and little information to share.
    • One interesting answer the chair did provide when asked why Directors were able to share unaudited financial information about the company in the past but cannot do so now is that he thought though such practices (i.e. releasing unaudited financial information) would be misleading and inappropriate (I don't remember his exact words, but they were damning). It seemed like he was making a fairly direct acknowledgement of inappropriate practices by Directors in the past.
    • I expect voting results on resolutions will almost certainly go in line with Directors' recommendations due to the majority of the company shares being held by entities and people associated in some way with the Directors. There are not enough truly independent shareholders to have an influence. 3 million new shares have also recently been issued by the company (see here), giving even less power to minority/independent shareholders - I would guess that whoever they were issued to will also vote in line with Directors' recommendations.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HML (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.