SRX 0.00% 17.5¢ sierra rutile holdings limited

Sirtex Appoints Andrew McLean as Chief Executive Officer Sydney,...

1. 53 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Sirtex Appoints Andrew McLean as Chief Executive Officer
    Sydney, Australia; 24th May 2017 – Sirtex Medical Limited (ASX:SRX) Chairman, Richard Hill, is pleased to announce the appointment of Mr Andrew McLean as Chief Executive Officer, effective 5 June, 2017. This follows a comprehensive global search that considered internal and external candidates.
    Andrew has over 20 years of experience with a track record of success in regional and global leadership roles. In taking up leadership of Sirtex, Andrew will return to Sydney from the USA, where he has resided for the past 7 years. Andrew’s most recent roles were CEO, Applied Sterilisation Technologies and Laboratories with Synergy Health plc, and he is leaving STERIS Corporation (NYSE:STE) as Senior Vice President, Corporate Strategy.
    He has a Master of Business Administration from the Macquarie Graduate School of Management and a Bachelor of Economics from Macquarie University.
    Announcing the appointment, Chairman, Richard Hill, said “We are pleased to have an executive of Andrew’s calibre to lead Sirtex. Andrew brings the benefit of his international leadership roles where he resided in Australia and Asia with industry leaders Pfizer and Becton Dickinson, and highly agile companies like STERIS and Synergy Health.”
    Chairman Richard Hill noted “Andrew has a consistent track record of leading superior organic growth results, developing businesses in international markets, augmented by successful acquisitions. He has also exhibited the ability to work successfully with government regulators, as recently demonstrated in the successful merger of STERIS and Synergy Health plc, against the backdrop of a Federal Trade Commission challenge to the combination.”
    Andrew said “I am delighted to be joining Sirtex, and eager to serve the investors, patients, clinicians, staff and all stakeholders of Sirtex. There are solid foundations to the organisation, and I am especially honoured to be leading a company that makes such a tangible and important difference in the lives of many people.”
    Andrew went on to say “Commensurate with the priority of installing new leadership in the Americas, I am looking forward to expanding the global uptake of SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres, and exploring new pathways to accelerate growth.”
    Chairman Richard Hill went on to commend interim CEO, Nigel Lange, who will move into the role of Chief Commercial Officer. “The board wishes to thank Nigel for stepping in to lead the company at a critical juncture and bringing much-needed stability as we continue to meet the needs of clinicians and their patients. Nigel made a real contribution to the culture of the organisation and he steps into the role of Chief Commercial Officer with our thanks and full support.”
    The material terms of Mr McLean’s employment are attached in Appendix 1.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.