Notre Dame, page-3

1. 1,297 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 310
    Boy are you missing the point.
    The money is there for them (THe Catholic Church) to be able to effect the necessary repairs without having to seek funding from other parties.
    So why don't they do it.

I've been to StPeter's, looked at a little annex called "Treasures of the Vatican." and been totally gobsmacked by the vast wealth displayed by this tiny little minuscule section of what they own. Where is the dignity, where is the largess, why aren't the funds been used for the betterment of mankind in general?

When an institution like this is more interested in amassing and maintaining material wealth rather than using their funds to improve the life of humankind then it sort of feels like they aren't that religious or charitable.

Your blanket defense of religion without any critical thinking of implications, ramifications or moral ethics is indicative (to me) of religious zealotry. I notice from the little religious Icon motif on your picture that it is probably no point in discussion. Religion isn't always right and religion isn't always good.

I used to be a Catholic but I got better!

I said it before and I'll say it again. "Jesus saves, but the Pope invests."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.