noughties hottest decade on record, page-40

1. 95 Posts.
    Banjar,

twist words, twist words and twist again.

I never offered the Victorian bushfires as proof of global warming. A single event cannot possibly be evidence either for or against AGW any more than the temperature in Darwin is by itself of any significance.

I was merely inviting you to look at the frequency of extreme weather events and extreme temperatures in the last decade as compared to previous ones.

I needed to do this as apparently the record of the temperatures themselves as presented by three world-class climate institutes cannot be trusted.

I would much rather you had taken the results as published by the Met Office for what they were. Proof that the world's temperatures are continuing on a dangerous upward path.

However something tells me that if some of the people on HC had actually taken every reading themselves they would still be arguing against them.

I've come to the conclusion that participating in this thread is pointless as it's pure opinion mascerading as science.

I'll vote with the vast, vast majority of respected scientists, the actual temperature readings and the observations about our environment that even blind willie would have trouble not seeing.

Forgive me if I don't believe the inane musings of a bunch of traders with no real expertese on this subject.

Cheers

Baggy

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.