GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

USD "gold zealots" have made a 146% return over 5 years against...

1. 804 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    USD "gold zealots" have made a 146% return over 5 years against a currency index (KGX - USDI basket) doing 118% over 5 years - stick with the zealots I reckon as there is precious else making sense
    gold at $1000 USD (I don't think it will stay there) is going to be just great for some miners - there were fantastic gains over the last 5 years will gold much less in USD terms

and I'm sorry ctindale but last time we had an equity crash and a USD gold crash ($780) in AUD gold stayed around $1100 and peaked around $1500 AUD

by liquid assets I guess Roubini means cash....... ALL in cash ? I reckon he's probably a bit pissed at having missed the gold bull and just can't admit to getting it wrong (goes with his profession from what I've seen)

AND I reckon we may be getting the China story wrong - the AFR had a graph this morning showing that consumer spending in emerging markets is rapidly overtaking US spending's share of global GDP. I reckon you are a bit US centric ctindale and need to get more with the action in Asia and here in Oz which is god's gift to the great unwashed I reckon, sitting as we are in this Garden of Eden full of commodities and gold in Asia's backyard

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.