EYE 2.86% 18.0¢ nova eye medical limited

Yeah I would say it is. It would be sort of pointless to...

1. 16,311 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4359
    Yeah I would say it is. It would be sort of pointless to establish a favourite stock with a long-term bias only to switch to a different stock as soon as there is a bit of pessimism in the market. Periods of short term pain and pessimism in markets are inevitable. The key in my view is being able to see the opportunity during these periods, rather than running away from it in fear, and backing your calls through the ups and downs. I remember immediately following the LCD news in late December, so many posters here were commenting about how they had wished they saw through the pessimism and loaded up at the lows. I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens again, a bit of pessimism that will immediately turn into optimism as soon as that big 2RT announcement arrives. A day later, like clockwork, everyone will be wishing they had bought at 21c lol.

Fundamentally, the company is doing really well. They have focused their limited resources on the US market and delivered strong performance in that market, with 65% growth despite the negative pressure of the LCD. Global wasn't fantastic, but they did clearly say they were going to focus on the US market. I don't think anyone should have expected much growth outside of the US. Now for the first time they have confirmed a near term date by which they will be cash flow positive, and with the recent CR they will be able to begin allocating more resources to the rest of the world. So fundamentally I would say things are very sound. On the cap raise front, no one likes dilution, but those funds are being entirely used to fund further growth, so it should be quite accretive in the longer term.

The market will be pessimistic for a bit longer I'm sure, but in my view the company is stronger than ever. So when you ignore the recent price action, I would say things have only really improved. The company is growing fast and now has a big pile of cash to play with. At only a $ 50m market cap, there is certainly plenty of upside here IMO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EYE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.