EYE 0.00% 22.0¢ nova eye medical limited

I probably would have agreed with that a year or so ago, as I...

1. 15,448 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3925
    I probably would have agreed with that a year or so ago, as I also originally invested for 2RT and the enormous potential there. However iTrack Advance's performance has taken me completely by surprise. I was expecting a bit of growth of course, but they have really hit the ball out of the park with the new device. The 65% growth was impressive in itself, but the fact they recorded that with the uncertainty around reimbursement was incredible. Doctors were so impressed with this device they were not afraid to still purchase it even with the uncertainty as to whether there would be reimbursement. Now with that constraint removed and the rapid expansion in their sales force, I can't see how that growth rate slows down any time soon. We are currently at the beginning of a major shift in glaucoma management, with the interventional glaucoma management approach moving more and more into the spotlight. This is seeing a rapid shift away from drops and towards minimally invasive surgical options like iTrack Advance. Given the unique features of iTrack Advance, I believe it is best suited for this interventional glaucoma management approach as it is the only device that does not stent or tear, making it easier to swallow for someone recently diagnosed with glaucoma and who may be hesitant to have surgery so early on. I think there is a lot of upside potential for iTrack Advance which will be gradually unlocked over the next few years. The first will be to break into the existing MIGS market and take market share from competitors there, but I feel the real potential will be taking market share from the drug companies as a result of this interventional glaucoma management trend. That in my view is the real multi-billion dollar opportunity for iTrack advance.

However if there will be a takeover, I would prefer it be at a valuation akin to similar devices (i.e. Hydrus), which was around 15x higher than the current valuation of EYE. In other words, $3.75 per share

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EYE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $50.34M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.5¢ 22.5¢ 22.0¢ $7.409K 33.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 15746 22.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.5¢ 126359 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.26am 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EYE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.