EYE 0.00% 21.0¢ nova eye medical limited

Nova Eye Medical (EYE) Discussion, page-607

1. 662 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 90
    Hi Analyst,
    We had a few exchanges a few weeks ago. I then bought a small parcel, then sold it for the same price (vacillation is one of my worst points).
    2RT seems to have been the first, but is not necessarily the only laser now with about that wavelength. In fact, I spoke to a researcher on Prof Guymer's team. CERA is conducting a very small study with the R-GEN laser - only to prove safety at the moment. It aims to cause damage then regeneration in the same way as 2RT. My concern was that Nova Eye might do all the work to get 2RT approved by the FDA, then another company might piggyback on this approval by demonstrating that it has an equivalent device (like R-GEN). I wondered whether this is one of the reasons why Nova EYE is having trouble getting a partner for the confirmatory study - or perhaps it is just the post-Covid, recessionary environment that is slowing everything.

I spoke to the IR person ( not a person dedicated solely to Nova Eye - he deals with IR for many companies ). The only points that would not necessarily be widely known are that iTrack Advance is not approved yet in China (and a separate submission would have to be made for China), and that nothing was imminent with respect to the 2RT trial, but that they were exploring all options. I have telephoned a couple of times since, and he has not returned the call - perhaps a deal is close on 2RT - and he does not want to let the cat out of the bag!

As to glaucoma, I seem to remember one of your posts saying that the iTrack Advance would need an assistant. Did you mean that to be in contrast to the Omni?
    I even took the bold step of emailing my mother's glaucoma surgeon to ask his opinion of the iTrack, now that iTrack Advance is available (for my mother not only has late stage AMD, but had a glaucoma emergency where the vein
    that drains fluid out of the eye suddenly blocked. An immediate stent was the only solution there). He replied that while iTrack is a very good device, there are many devices with overlapping indications. He noted that it is an expensive device (the little light would be relatively expensive), and the same job could be accomplished for the cost of a suture. This exchange obviously had its limitations - I could hardly push our clinical relationship by a follow-up email to ask what he meant by the last comment - trabulectomy? I wonder whether the expense might affect the take -up rate in the US, where some surgeons might be motivated by greed. That is, if the health insurers will pay a standard amount for a canaloplasty, would a greedy surgeon choose Omni (which would be cheaper) over the iTrack Advance.

This sounds like downramping, but I thought it fair to Hot Copperites to point out that 2RT may face competition; its advantage would be, if the study is funded and is then successful, that it would be the first mover . And that the massive uptake of iTrack Advance is not assured . What would be the consequences if the Magic study showed no significant difference over Omni? The Magic and Liana studies are, I think , funded by Nova Eye (please correct me if that is wrong). More expenses - will another CR be needed?
    I am a sucker for medtech (thank goodness a couple of mine appear at last to be on the right track), so I may well buy back in to EYE, probably at a higher price!) Anyway, Analyst, could you please clarify your point about an assistant for the surgeon. Thanks
    Last edited by mirri11: 01/06/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EYE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $48.10M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.0¢ 21.0¢ 21.0¢ $39.39K 187.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 38328 21.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.5¢ 57167 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.54pm 29/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EYE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.