EYE 1.85% 27.5¢ nova eye medical limited

Nova Eye Medical (EYE) News & Analyst Coverage, page-9

1. 15,717 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4036
    No idea of what this R&D is. I have tried to get some more info but they are very tight lipped. The company has always been like this, they were working on iTrack Advance for many years, but I only really became fully aware of it in late 2021-22 (I knew there was something going on, didn't know what though). They don't want the competitors knowing what they are up to, but definitely appear focused on continuous innovation (great characteristic imo). I kind of think it could be an additional extension on iTrack Advance (I know in the early 2010s they were experimenting using iTrack as a drug delivery device...)

The growth outlook for the industry is incredibly impressive. I actually think this will be a massive underestimate though if the LCD issue is resolved. Personally for me, I know that if I were diagnosed with any disease that posed even the slightest risk of vision loss that is not something I would take lightly. I would spend whatever it took on surgery and other medical procedures to eliminate the threat as best as possible. I am fortunate enough to be in the financial position to do that, but with insurance I assume most people (even those who aren't in the same financial position) would also seek whatever option possible there is to eliminate the risk of blindness. That is why I think it makes sense for MIGS to become a more mainstream step in the glaucoma treatment process (e.g. start with MIGS, then drops, then more invasive surgical options). MIGS does not prevent any other treatments from occurring, and it is very low risk, so it is a logical first step in the treatment process (I would assume). Obviously the idea of surgery so early is a bit contentious for doctors, so the key will be to change that perception. I think iTrack Advance is a much easier to swallow procedure than other MIGS devices, given it is the ONLY device which does not leave a stent and/or tear. It is literally restoring the natural function of the eye, not trying to permanently alter the function of the eye to bypass the actual issue.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EYE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
27.5¢
Change
0.005(1.85%)
Mkt cap ! $62.92M
Open High Low Value Volume
27.5¢ 28.5¢ 27.5¢ $105.1K 377.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 99735 27.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
28.0¢ 39325 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EYE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.