Novak Djokovic visa canceled, page-375

1. 1,994 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 68
    Firstly I think that the vaccination entry rule is not a particularly effective protection. In the current situation I think a -ve test would be adequate to protect our national interests given that vaccination is very clearly not effective at preventing someone from contracting or passing on Covid. I think the only other vaccination requirement for entry may be Yellow fever and I'm not sure that is actively policed or not.

Having said this I do agree that rules are rules and that unless he has a legal basis for exemption that is equally available to all travellers entering our country he should be turned back just like any other muggle. He should not be granted exemption by hypocritical politicians who treat general public with contempt whilst sycophantically pandering to special people.

It will be a shame if he does not compete and will devalue the efforts of the winner of this tournament but I believe that if entry rules are deemed sensible enough to be implemented then they should be applicable to all .

Our loss.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.