MSB 3.83% $1.26 mesoblast limited

Seems as if our friend @baddols89 walks the walk. Respect or...

1. 371 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 792
    Seems as if our friend @baddols89 walks the walk. Respect or Repest as they say!
    A movement always begins with one.

Pre-Market Trades

Pre-Market Time (ET)Pre-Market PricePre-Market Share Volume
    04:00:04$7.41

It is natural that we should look for "real" news with the quarterly update but this is just housekeeping, posting a record of what happened.

It would be lovely to think that the paradigm change in the company share price could happen but I doubt it.

I am grateful for the members of hot copper who really understand the science behind this company. Sometimes to be honest, I simply cannot understand the in depth analysis. Doesn't worry me too much, if it did I would never get on an aeroplane. But as with aeroplanes the safety (and efficacy in our case) record is the data I am looking for .

Here we have it seems, enough data to satisfy safety and enough data to know that we are in with a hell of a chance for being the next big news story.

So I now look at Novartis and try and put myself in their shoes. They have a history of success and failure and as previously mentioned, relatively flat line growth but with a policy of every increasing dividend. That is a difficult balancing act, which cannot go one indefinitely.

Yes they have drugs in our field, but the idea that they should want to try and thwart our rise is for me a step too far. If their drugs did have great efficacy and safety that maybe another matter. However if it is not them, then someone (investors or another pharma) will make use of Mesoblast IP and blow them out of the water. My take is that may have no choice but to join with us.

They have shareholders just as diligent as our favourite posters and a lot more analysts following them. They are not going to sign on the dotted line until they have wrung as much out of the available data as they can. Then they can announce with full fan fare (as can we). Ards, and who knows in time, Heart and all the other inflammatory conditions we can safely treat and which they can't.

Just imagine the return on their R&D budget this will give them? A return that seems pretty paltry recently. With a few Mesoblast results, what do you think it would do to their share price (as a multiple of profits)? Not a large steady as she goes pharma company, but one that could very easily add real growth to fund bigger dividend payments, real market dominance in the biggest markets of them all.

So if I was their CEO, I would figure that this would make or break my career with the company, and my multi million pound salary, bonus and pension package. Due diligence? I would have it tattooed on every scientist I employed, going through all the data that may even still be being released.

The data will get the deal done, not the date, which unfortunately may not by this date in June. But June has another 27 dates, I would be happy with any of them.

We wait and in the meantime we have some wonderful baiting on HC to entertain us. Lets not see it anymore than that and please remember this.

With luck 2022 we will all be able to travel to the Mesoblast annual shareholders meeting to share a great success story with more to come. I am looking forward to meeting all of you. I want to have a drink (several) and a laugh with all of you who can make the effort to attend. Even those who might have label me a merchant banker.

Regards
    Yelrom

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.26
Change
-0.050(3.83%)
Mkt cap ! $1.432B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.27 $1.30 $1.17 $21.32M 17.21M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 5460 $1.25

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.26 978 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.