I agree with your intense disappointment with politicians, and...

1. 144 Posts.
    I agree with your intense disappointment with politicians, and I'll probably be voting independent at the next election.

But we must remember, politicians were guided by health officials, who totally panicked and showed total disrespect for basic science, e.g., they COMPLETELY ignored natural immunity; refused to provide EARLY treatment; ignored the need for adequate vaccine testing; relied on a vaccine to eliminate a novel respiratory (mutating) virus (seriously dumb - it’s never been done), vaccinating DURING a pandemic… the list of bungling goes on and on). Being on "the frontline" and desperate to find a magic bullet caused them to panic and become totally psychotic.

Consequently, health officials provided shocking advice to politicians, who in turn should NEVER have abdicated policy setting to public servants who were clearly unable to cope with the pressure.

The worse and dumbest thing politicians in most Western countries have done is to follow the example of the Chinese communist party as a model for handling a pandemic. Who would have thought any sane person would think it's a good idea to copy the authoritarian, murderous Chinese communist party's example of how to treat your citizens. It's unforgiveable... or is that a measure of how far the world has swing to the left.

But all is not lost. Future generations will learn from this debacle, and it will be used as a textbook example of how to totally bungle a pandemic. Apart from shooting everyone who got the virus, we couldn't have handled it worse.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.