TLG 1.79% 57.0¢ talga group ltd

Good post TardeyEven the very best companies have blind spots...

1. 166 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 300
    Good post Tardey

Even the very best companies have blind spots that are sometimes a problem. Just look at some of BHP stuff ups over the years.

For Talga, I've often wondered about the influence of Chairman Terry Stinson on Talga's decisions and direction.

I have a lot of respect for the Chairman, but a little research shows that he is known in WA as a one dimensional technocrat, pure and simple. Some of his past companies (Carnegie Clean Energy comes to mind) have not done well commercially.

Many on this thread have singled out graphene with all of the resulting MOUs as a warning sign for Talga and the patience of we shareholders.

Electric cars and their batteries came along and Talga pivoted. The timing of this new trend was perfect for Talga in every possible way.

The resource location in Europe. The fine flake graphite resource rather than the more favoured large flake. The resource high grade and very consistent. This accrues from the original material being bacteria rather that the usual plant and vegetable matter.

Talga's intellectual knowledge base was ripe and ready for companies who really needed their product. There was a lot of demand by manufactures for free graphene samples to get their research departments up to speed with this new material.

The timing of this pivot for Talga was perfect. It was fortuitous and much needed.

A loyal base of major shareholders have continued to back this tortoise while many of we small shareholders get obsessed with finding the next Disallowed and put our money on the hare.

Not me!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
57.0¢
Change
0.010(1.79%)
Mkt cap ! $216.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
57.0¢ 57.0¢ 55.0¢ $407.9K 732.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1300 55.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
57.0¢ 41252 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.