KCN 0.30% $1.67 kingsgate consolidated limited.

November production --> was it really + 5,700 ounces ????, page-148

1. 1,577 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 993
    @LoveGod
    I have never disagreed with your buyback. I haven't forgotten about the contrast between those that are paid by the company to those that are invested. I agree that there is an aroma of prosperity that is not shared by the employees with the investors. The inexperienced ones just don't get it. But it is unreasonable for us to expect them to get it when they haven't gone through that experience themselves. Your posts have hammered that point home on behalf of the investors and that point is well made.

Conversely it is the job of the corporates to have the eyes on the prize. The prize is the reopening of the gold mine with unrestricted access to important leases and its expansion and the establishment of similar enterprises around it. Those who have been burned by the delays, bureaucratic, arbitral and corporate, of which I am one, and to a degree are exasperated by them, may lose sight of the light on the hill.

It is their job to make those decisions when our objectivity is lost. They are of the view that the money is better spent elsewhere. I have put the case for a small, artful buyback, and they disagree. That's OK. They think that it is better spent fostering and repairing relationships with locals, governments, both Thai and Australian, and investors, they concede that it may be a mistake. That's what we pay them for. I suspect that they don't want any more debt than that which they currently have, and that's OK too.

It may mean that ultimately that you might not make as much money as you would otherwise, but these are unusual times and it may be that the conservative view is the best. It will not turn these shares into a bad investment. Opportunities like this do not come along often, but they do come along. Buying back shares massively did not stop WHC share price sinking, conversely TER shares are immune from algorithmic interference because of the large franking credits they pay with the dividends. The crooks subsidise local investors as they are offshore and the dividends and the credits are so large that it doesn't really matter what the share price is!

Algorithms have been manipulating the share price of this stock since 2011. The manipulation have been the subject of complaints by management repeatedly. Past disasters have to be seen in that light. Ross bears the scars of the years in the wilderness with very few associates in a shared office and he doesn't want that experience repeated. If we have difficulty with a low share price imagine what it would be like with 10,000,000 shares that are worthless. They have been the subject of harassment by a person (not you) who posts here with a number of accounts to the extent there was an intervention order taken out by robust people. Those that are less robust may make Workcover claims. That doesn't help anyone.

Thank you for the very kind remarks above about that 2008 conference Ross attended. It is important as some of the leases had not been granted from 2007 and was the subject, amongst other things such as the mine closure, of the TAFTA dispute. I draw the inference that the withheld leases with have significant amounts of gold in them, and that the recent red and green areas signifying gold concentrations in the latest release, together with the observation that they have only just obtained permission to mine them, perhaps come from the withheld leases. They must have previously been drilled to be able to determine the concentrations.

And thanks for the news! Plant #1 testing and operational in 30 days -before time! Perhaps that's where the money has gone. Thanks for that!!

Looks like we've made it.smile.pngcool.pngtongue.png

Good luck to us all!

GLTAH

Last edited by fitzroy5: 19/01/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KCN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.67
Change
0.005(0.30%)
Mkt cap ! $430.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.70 $1.70 $1.64 $2.471M 1.483M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3285 $1.66

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.67 53099 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KCN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.