AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

now for next announcement, page-47

1. 1,030 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 183
    For a copper in soils map of Rio Verde which includes the Antas South HG deposit :

http://www.avancoresources.com/pdfs/CarajasCopperProjectDrillingProgrammeExpanded13Feb08.pdf

Rio Verde also has listed as host rock.. Banded Iron Formation.

"At the Rio Verde property the Carajas Formation consists of thick beds of iron oxide facies banded iron formations, which are interbedded with red chloritic schists and variable amounts of quartz. This unit outcrops in the southernmost area of the project area."

also... "The Company has undertaken reconnaissance exploration over an area
    interpreted to contain Carajas Iron Formation in the south of its Carajas
    Copper Project. A total of four rock chip samples were collected and
    returned between 42% and 67% Iron. Further work will be required to
    assess the iron ore potential of this area."

http://www.avancoresources.com/pdfs/DrillingCommencesCarajasCopperProject29Jan08.pdf

I am told this is very close to Antas South, within a few km. It is worth noting that its iron values are the same as those that got Vale very interested in Trindade North.

You can kinda see it referenced on the first link down the bottom corner. It looks like it might be the start or finish of a much larger structure which is not on the Rio Verde AVB prospect but a more educated view of this would be useful. Also I do not know the politics of something like that, where you only have a chunk of it.

My strong impression (for what it is worth) was that AVB know it is there but with so much on elsewhere that now offers relatively straightforward and immediate high cash return, they do not want to know about it yet, which is fair enough. They are a small company.

Their resources in manpower are simply not infinite and cannot fire in all directions at once. I think this applies to Trindade South as well for iron. One thing at a time.

I would actually expect the good Bahia'n project (copper, lead, zinc) to make its presence felt very soon, in its early stages. (Rock chip samples returned high base metal values here.) While it recently relinquished some other good projects mainly due to immense pressures on them from GFC I believe, AVB wants to retain this particular project as it is very prospective.

To labour a point, the next Antas South drill results will really determine where the SP goes in the short term as everyone here rightly points out, but they are also now getting stuck into drilling Rio Verde and THAT will really be something to watch!! plus the flagged new Scoping Study reflecting more up to date data might also rock a few boats!

All good fun!!! worth hanging in, despite the vagaries of the SP at present.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.