now tell me that again...australia is the racist o, page-7

1. 6,389 Posts.
    Dave,

After living in Japan for a number of years you would be able to see racism in action.

Sometimes it is subtle other times it is very, very plain to see.

For example, there is a little law in Japan that prohibits foreigners from occupying a building that has been built with money from a certain government finance entity until after a certain period of time. Took a while to figure that one out after being rejected by the landlords.

Another is the requirement for fingerprinting all foreign nationals after they have lived in Japan for a certain period of time. (Oh yes some of the ward offices actually put up screens to protect the privacy of those being fingerprinted - looked at the other way, they don't want the Japanese to see the fingerprinting being done). By the way this was actually started by Gen Mac in order to keep track of the North Koreans in Japan after WWII and adopted by the Japanese government to apply to all foreigners.

One other I really got a kick out of was the round up of illegals that took place at irregular intervals during the year. The police knew who and where they lived and would often exchange greetings with them when they saw them, but when the order came around to pick up x number of illegals, guess what? Off they went and picked them up. No more mister nice guy.

I could tell you many, many more interesting stories.....

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.