GDN 0.00% 1.7¢ golden state resources limited

now you can have an update, page-22

1. 15,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    scooter5...
    No way of knowing until they test the dna of the oil.

It would not have likely travelled through so many formations however, so if it did come from below, would have likely done so via the fault.

More likely however, it has been sourced from black shales further up...this in my view is a multiple source/host play.

As for gas/oil down at current depths, it all comes down to what depth Leadville was in at this location during the oil forming geological time-scale.

Oil forms at a certain time and depth under certain conditions...at this location, if Leadville was in the right geologic place at the right geologic time, oil may well have formed.

At depth however, oil usually morphs to gas under the extreme heat and pressure of such depths...or due to the effective squeezing of the host rock under the many kilometers of rock above, gets squeezed out of the rock as it collapses under the pressure, in which case the oil will move to wherever the is a lessor point of resistance...often kilometers laterally until vertical movement might send it somewhere else.

If however an effective seal, such as significantly thick and ductile salt layer is emplaced prior to the high pressures and depths are introduced, then can indeed have oil present...with gas...ands typically under extremely high pressures.

There are other influences effecting whether oil or gas is found...but my limited knowledge sort of ends here.

Anything is possible though, although gas would appear the more likely target.

Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GDN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.