Freesnakes,I EXPECT a big bounce back tonight and would be very...

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Freesnakes,

I EXPECT a big bounce back tonight and would be very very surprised if the Tigers won or got close to the Broncos.

While they don't have the halves to win the comp, you have to realise that it is only early days and that the Broncos squad is probably the youngest in the comp. Also, the Broncos have lost to last year's grand finalists and to the Drags who came 4th or 5th last year. So, it's not as though they have been beaten up on horrible sides.

It's early in the year. There is a reason why Ricky Stuart coached teams tended to in the past, crash and burn with the Roosterrs, Sharksand Parra all languishing near the bottom of the table after a Stuart reign and the Roosters and Sharks going from the penthouse to the outhouse.

I thnk Stuart has learnt that you can't go giving the riot act in the dressing sheds too often. You need to be very selective when you do it for maximim impact. There is no better way to lose the dressing shed than to berate your players too often. Don't be fooled by what Seibold says in public and equate that to what he says in private. Coaches today tend to publicly stand up for their player because it is such a snowflake culture these days. Don't worry, every one in that squad would have come to the video session on Monday with their tails between their legs, looking very very sheepish. They would have copped their criticism in the video sesssion, but more so constructive criticism than "going of the handle' criticism.

They are a young squad mate. These young players need to be nurtured and developed properly. Seibold would know that being such a high profile one team one town club, the media and its criticism will do all the work for Seibold.

But, as a Broncos supporter, you have to accept that the team is very very young and that is a recipe for inconsistency. I am stunned when i hear the ages of some of these forwards being 19, 20 or 21. To put it into perspective, Shane Webke (a legend) made his first grade debut at around 23. Same Thaiday had his inconsistency early in his career. Corey Parker was considered overrated by most early in his career and I can't believe the Corey Parker in his younger years was the same player in his mature years.

You just need to be very patient mate. Don't forget they lost McGuire and Thaiday too. They are or were Australian forwards within the past few years.

Be patient mate. If you give the dressing room a serve this early AND start dropping players, it may backfire. The coach knows it is a long year. He was 2 from 7 at Souths last year I think. Also, you drop players if you have others playing better football below you who are up to it.

They are a good half back and 5/8 away from being premiers very soon.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.